The Ultimate Vegan Party Platter Featuring Spanish Olives
There is always something to celebrate, and celebrations call for gatherings. And the most important factors for a great party are the people, music, food, and wine. So I’m going to help you out with the latter of those today by sharing with you the ultimate vegan party platter featuring Spanish olives.
This vegan spread is splendid for parties, an evening in with friends, or a Pinterest-perfect-picnic with your sig other. Not only are these foods all delicious, but they also have a plethora of health benefits and cater to all your vegan and gluten-free friends – like myself.
The theme of this vegan platter is Spanish, specifically highlighting Spanish olives which are one of my favorite versatile and delicious snacks which add that extra rich and European flavor to your dishes. There are thousands of ways to enjoy Spanish olives, but today I am sharing with you my top 3 favorite ways to incorporate them into tapas.
Read on below as I break down how to compose this delicious and nutritious vegan party platter. Enjoy!
Quinoa With Herbs & Spanish Olives
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small green onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup quinoa, well rinsed
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup pitted and thinly sliced Spanish green, Queen olives
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Bring 1 cup of quinoa to a boil with 2 cups water, then bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Once quinoa is done cooking, add and mix in the rest of the ingredients.
Almond stuffed Spanish olives
- 1 jar of Queen olives from Spain (pitted)
- 1/4 cup of Almonds
- Red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup cooked garlic cloves
Take the almonds and place inside the olives. Then drizzle the olive oil on the olives, add the garlic cloves, and sprinkle red chili flakes for that extra spice.
A side of Queen olives from Spain
Additional items for the ultimate vegan platter
- Mini pickles
- Red Bell Peppers
- Vegan cheese (Daiya brand)
- Gluten and dairy free crackers
- Mixed nuts
Health benefits of Spanish olives
Not only are olives delicious and versatile, but they also have a bounty of health benefits. Spanish olives are high in antioxidants and vitamin E which is great for your skin and hair. They have also been scientifically proven to help prevent cancer and diabetes.
For more olive recipes visit haveanoliveday.eu.