How To Create The Most Comfortable Bed In The World
We spend about 1/3 of our life in bed so creating the most comfortable and sustainable bed possible is crucial. A heavenly bed is something I’ve been in search of for years, and it wasn’t until testing out many sheets, mattresses, duvets, bed frames, pillows, and memory foam toppers later, that I discovered the perfect combo. Below I’m going to go over all the various pieces that you need to invest in to concoct the perfect and most comfortable bed in the world. Because good bedding is something that will change your life and is truly worth the investment.
Bamboo Linen Sheets & Duvet Cover
I can’t believe it took me so long to try bamboo linen bedding, but wow, it is so worth it. I’m never going back. The minimalist yet elegant design and exceptional quality are what got me hooked. The best brand I’ve discovered so far is Kassatex.
Kassatex is a luxury brand that focuses on the craftsmanship of European luxury, with a contemporary approach. They only use the finest yarns that are sustainable, environmentally friendly, and last up to a decade. A whole decade! This bamboo linen bedding set is breathable & great bedding to have year round.
“The sheets are weightless and airy and seem to perfectly float over you.” — GQ
Fun fact: Linen is even better than cotton at pulling moisture off the skin and allowing it to evaporate which is what helps you stay cool in hot weather.
You can buy Kassatex Bamboo Linen Sheets which comes with 2 pillow cases here, the Bamboo Linen Duvet here, and their pajama set here.
The Perfect Comforter
The Buffy Cloud Comforter is the most comfortable comforter I’ve yet to find. The Cloud is their original & extra fluffy cruelty-free comforter composed of super-soft eucalyptus fabric and extra-fluffy recycled fill.
Here are some fun facts about Buffy’s Cloud Comforter:
- Their fabric is made from natural eucalyptus that’s grown using 10x less water than cotton. It’s super-soft 300 single-ply thread count.
- Eucalyptus makes the comforter more resistant to bacteria, dust, mildew, and mites.
- The Buffy Comforter is machine washable so you can wash and dry at home!
- The Cloud Comforter is great for all season use. I don’t get overheated or sweat like I did with my previous down comforters. It has a nice weight to it.
- Their Eucalyptus fiber contains no essential oils and is safe for pets and kids.
- They are earth-friendly! Buffy has recycled 10 million bottles (and counting!), conserved 150 million gallons of water, and avoided harming over 2 million geese from live plucking. (Each comforter recycles about 50 plastic bottles.)
- They state on their website that they started with a simple goal: to help you live comfortably without making the planet uncomfortable. That’s why they make comforters, sheets, and pillows that are earth-friendly, skin-friendly, cruelty-free, and super-soft.
I’ve tried at least 20 different types of comforters and this really is the best one so far. I highly recommend it to everyone! I love that they really care about the environment and make an effort to make a difference. They strive to make your home feel like home, and honestly they do a great job.
“You’ve heard about fast fashion, but what about fast bedding? Traditional manufacturers have spent decades consuming tons of water, harming animals, and polluting our oceans and air to make the stuff we sleep with. It’s time for bedding that won’t haunt the earth long after you’re done sleeping with it.”
You can shop the Buffy Cloud Comforter here. They’re having an on-going Cyber Week deal for 20% off ALL products when you use code SOFLUFFY!
The Perfect Pillows
Okay so I personally don’t always sleep with a pillow because I have a lot of neck problems, but I do like to have at least 4 on the bed. A few sustainable brands I like for pillows are Avocado, Buffy, and Brooklyn Bedding.
Memory Foam Mattress
I just don’t get as good of a night’s sleep on a spring mattress as I do a memory foam mattress. I go into a deep sleep, almost too deep tbh, on a memory foam mattress. If you don’t want to commit to a memory foam mattress, you can get a memory foam topper which really makes a difference too.
Solid Bed Frame
I’ve gone through my fair share of poor judgement (aka cheap) online bed frame purchases and I can confirm that a solid bed frame really does make a big difference. Sometimes it would almost be better if there was no bed frame, but if you do prefer a bed frame, just make sure it’s sturdy & solid.
Bonus tip: size matters
The bigger the bed, the more comfortable. California Kings are always my first choice but it really just depends on your space and what you prefer.
After many years of “okay sleep”, I finally understand why it’s important to invest quality bedding. It may be harder to get out of bed, but my quality of life definitely feels enhanced in many ways.
This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
PIN IT FOR LATER