This post was created in partnership with Absolut. All opinions expressed are my own and not those of Absolut. Please drink responsibly.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year – the holidays. ‘Tis the season to host and go to parties to mingle with family, friends and hopefully new friends. The millennial generation in New York City typically spends their evenings and nights in restaurants, lounges, bars and clubs but nights that really stand out are the house parties.
House parties are great because you control who joins – not a doorman, there’s no line for the restroom and the party stops when you want it to – anything goes – you make the rules. Hosting a gathering does not have to be stressful – BUT you do want to make sure you are prepared so that your guests have an amazing time. Don’t stress like your mom before family gatherings and clean the house 5 times after the cleaners come – however I do recommend you hire cleaners to do a thorough job.
For an ABSOLUT-ly amazing night follow these tips below:
1. Stock up the fridge and your bar with enough alcohol for twice as many people that RSVP’d just in case and do not forget mixers, garnishes or extra glasses/cups. Impress your guests with these new Absolut Electrik bottles – sure to draw attention – so chic. Here are some recipes that are AMAZING.
2. Plan food in advance and keep it simple. The type of food depends on what type of gathering you are hosting but I think there are 2 options that make sense. If it is a small, intimate gathering I personally think ordering from a restaurant is best UNLESS you are an amazing chef and enjoy cooking for people. If you are throwing a larger party then keep it simple with dips, chips, fresh fruit and candies/sweets – finger foods.
3. Your Spotify playlist has to be on point. Start with some softer tunes then throw in some hip-hop to get it goin’. Always keep the beat up and lights low.
3. Have your outfit ready in advance and get ready hours before the party starts. There is nothing worse than not being ready for your own party.
Dress by LEEAM NYC
4. Make a guest list, have them RSVP, let them know they can bring plus 1 or 5 (the more the merrier), remind the guests on Facebook by making a private event and let everyone know the dress code beforehand.
5. If you’re single, want to network or just want to meet some new people in New York City – then upload your party to Hoppr by Absolut and people will be able to see someone is having a party and contact you. Then it’s your call.
Absolut’s 2015 limited-edition holiday bottle is all the new Absolut Electrik, designed to add a spark to the usual holiday parties. They want to encourage consumers to spice it up with their brand new Hoppr by Absolut site, which is a mobile experience that will facilitate social connections during the holiday season. that party goers and throwers mix it up.
So there you have it – now go throw the best party ever.