5 Positive Habits That Will Actually Change Your Life
I’ve been wanting to share 5 positive habits that will change your life so I finally am! I actually shot this video on my iPhone so sorry if the quality isn’t the best, but it’s the message that counts, right? Let me know what you think, and if you’re feeling generous I’d really appreciate it if you subscribed to my Youtube channel where I share videos twice a week – every Sunday and Wednesday:)
- The 5 Minute Journal. This is such a small way to start living a more positive life. I explain in the video above more in depth what is in the journal, but basically you write 3 things you are grateful for, what you want to accomplish, and your affirmations. You can buy it on Amazon here.
- Meditate. I’m not great at meditating solo yet, but guided meditations really have helped me through some tough times. Meditating is great for people who have anxiety, stress, or just want to manifest a better life. To start, take 5 deep breaths and only focus on your breathing. Everything will be fine, you just need to breath. I like to meditate in the morning before I start my day so that I stay on track and motivated. Going off of this, make sure to create a morning that you look forward to. Maybe it’s the fresh coffee with jazz music playing in the background.
- Work out & get your body moving. The endorphins released from when we sweat are something that you can only get through physical exercise. I started SoulCycle recently because I thrive better in a class, so I recommend joining some type of class to keep you on track.
- Dress for success. Even if you work from home, just add a touch of lipstick and some perfume to make you feel good. Just do whatever you have to in order to feel good and not like a frumpy. I feel so much better the days that I put a little effort in, rather than the days I wear the sweats from the day before.
- Surround yourself with positive people. This is SO important. If you’re friend group is always down about everything and claim to always have bad luck – it’s time to get new friends. You don’t need people around you who make you feel small, unimportant, or uninspired. Use the internet & social media to meet new people. Go to events. Just push yourself outside your comfort zone.
And here’s a set of photos I shot with Mire in Silverlake that have nothing to do with being positive but I love the vibes and this Hutch dress:)