Protect Your Skin With This Amazing Fall Skincare Routine
SELF CARE – Fall Skincare Routine
It’s that special time of year again when the leaves start to change color, there’s new scents in the air, our favorite pumpkin spice lattes are back, and we get to wear cozy sweaters that feel like blankets thanks to the change in weather. However, the weather change isn’t always the best for our skin, so we need to take extra good care of it and adjust our routines accordingly.
The increased wind and decreased humidity dries our skin out which can lead to dullness and irritation. So to avoid this from happening, here are some things to include in your skincare routine this fall.
FALL SKINCARE ROUTINE
• Keep your skin moisturized! Even if you have oily skin, use a moisturizer especially created for dry skin. My favorite is this Oxygenetix Moisturizer which I use everyday.
• Stay hydrated. I know you’re sick of this one, but it’s really important if you want your skin to stay hydrated. The glow starts from within;)
• Continue to eat healthy! I know it’s hard when there are so many treats around, but try to still get in your daily fruits, veggies, and proteins. I’ve been dairy and gluten-free and I feel so much better! So much more energy, no more break outs, and overall happier. I know it sounds dramatic, but what you put into your body really does have an affect on your overall health and appearance.
• Use a good sunscreen that will protect your skin from sun and wind.
• Use lip balms and oil-based moisturizers. Consider these tips to protect your
• Cut back on retinoids and/or glycolic acids. Put on a mask every two weeks instead to treat discoloration brought on by the sun.
• If you have super-sensitive skin, include aloe, elastin, and collagen to your skin care routine. I take collagen supplements every day and I’ve noticed a difference in my skin. You can buy Vital Proteins collagen supplement for only $32 here. For fall, here are some great skin care tips for sensitive skin.
• It is best to use a moisturizing facial cleanser for general cleansing or makeup removal. The /skin regimen/ cleansing cream does a good job at this.
Hope these tips were helpful to you! If you have any more fall skincare routine tips, leave a comment in the section below:)