Before & After: Get Red Carpet Ready With Me For My First Emmys!
It took about four days of planning to get red carpet ready, so I thought it would be fun to film and document everything I did to prepare for my first official red carpet experience, where I wasn’t a plus one! I’m going to share everything that went into prepping for the red carpet, because it definitely took a team of talented people. I felt like I was training for the Olympics. There are some things I’ll do differently next time, but overall it was super fun and glam – so let’s get into it.
Scroll to the bottom to watch my full Youtube video
Everything I did to get red carpet ready for the Emmys
- deep clean and organize my home
- start looking for outfit/vibe inspiration
- hit the gym to do cardio and light weights for 1 hour
- start hydrating by drinking more water and taking collagen supplements to keep my skin moisturized
- eat clean the whole week
An organized living space helps me think more clearly. I usually destroy it as soon as I start getting ready, so I like to prepare for that and at least have everything where it’s supposed to be. I also love to use incense and light candles for good vibes:)
- set up showroom appointments
- decide on nail design, make up, and hair style
The next day I had set up a couple meetings with showrooms to go pick up the pieces I was going to wear – dress, jewelry, etc. I was pretty positive I wanted a floor length gown that didn’t show my heels so that that was one less thing I had to worry about. I know, I’m a lazy piece of shit but to me there’s nothing worse than being uncomfortable and bleeding feet, especially on the red carpet so I wanted to wear my go-to pair of heels.
- pick up dress and jewelry from a few different showrooms
- cardio and weights for an hour
The hardest part of prepping for me is typically deciding on what I’m going to wear. Thankfully this time I chose to wear the first dress I tried on which was a major #blessing.
- get nails done at Pearl’s Nail Salon
- get lashes done at Pearl’s Nail Salon
- go to Liquid Juice bar and take charcoal shots to detox
- shave legs and moisturize
- do a mild face mask
- smoke a joint & go to bed early! stay in & resist the urge to meet up with your friends who want to go drinking
The day before is usually the most important because you need to get everything done so you aren’t stressed the day of. I went to Pearl’s Nail Salon on Melrose to get my nails and lashes done – they’re my new go:)
Day of The Emmys
- eat a light breakfast – eggs, toast, & coffee
- charge phone!
- hair appointment at Drybar
- put happy vibes music on and dance
- do make up
- take a sugar-free Redbull to go
- go to the Emmys!
That’s it! That’s pretty much everything I did to get red carpet ready for my first Emmys:) Hope it was helpful and would love to hear from you guys in the comment section below on things you do to get ready for a big event.
P.S. I’d typically rather be naked on a beach but sometimes it is fun to get all dolled up, ya know?
Follow me on Instagram for daily updates @amy_marietta
Dress: Sau Lee
Earrings: Adorn Mode, Cuff by Astrid & Miyu
Rings: Rellery, Astrid & Miyu
Necklace: Miranda Frye
PIN FOR LATER