The Poet Hotel La Spezia Italy: The Best Modern Boutique Hotel Near Cinque Terre
The Poet Hotel La Spezia Italy is a boutique hotel that I am beyond excited to share with you! This is the gem you have been searching for, the hotel that isn’t on everyone’s radar yet, the hotel where you’ll make magical memories that last a lifetime.
When looking for a hotel to stay at in Cinque Terre, I almost decided to change our plans and just do a day trip there from Florence instead. The reason being that all hotels and AirBnb’s were pretty du-stache (dusty + Versace), overpriced, and in mediocre locations. But then I did some more digging, trying to find a hotel that had modern amenities and I discovered the one and only, The Poet Hotel La Spezia. Keep on scrolling for all the info on this extremely convenient unique boutique hotel.
You can read my full Cinque Terre travel guide for more information here.
Reasons you should stay at The Poet Hotel La Spezia
- Cinque Terre is only a 5 minute train ride from La Spezia station. It’s the next stop below the last Cinque Terre town, Riomaggiore.
- The Poet Hotel La Spezia is only a 10 minute walk from La Spezia train station.
- La Spezia is more convenient, modern, and walkable, yet still has the authentic Italian charm.
- The hotel is located in a trendy, yet quiet location with tons of restaurants, cafes, and shopping, that are open late. There’s even a vegan restaurant here!
- You can walk to the marina where you can catch the ferry to Cinque Terre or Portovenere.
- La Spezia has more to do and see and isn’t overly crowded.
PORTO A. DE BENEDETTI
AUTHENTIC ITALIAN CHARM MEETS MODERN
- The hotel style is a perfect mix of contemporary & modern design with retro tones. I typically prefer boutique hotels because they are more unique, and I was right with this one. Book a room with a terrace, the views from here are stunning.
- The rooms were spacious which can be hard to come by in Italy. I was super relaxed this part of our trip and forgot to take photos of the room, but you can see more photos of their rooms here.
The lobby / reading room
Marble staircase & hallways
- The overall vibe of the hotel is very modern Italian, quiet, private, and sexy. Although the facade of the building is classic & authentic Italian (which I love), the inside is updated, modern, super clean, and convenient.
- My absolute favorite part about The Poet Hotel La Spezia is the balconies. I felt like an Italian princess looking out from up there. Such a romantic touch.
- Every other hotel in Cinque Terre is rather dated and really overpriced for what you get. The Poet Hotel was only about $130 per night including breakfast during high season – which is a $teal.
- You can have breakfast included each morning for a small fee – definitely worth it.
- The staff is attentive and helpful with anything you need.
- The hotel has a garage so you can pay to keep your car there if you drove. This is really rare for La Spezia – such a great find!
You can read my Cinque Terre travel guide for more information here.
Book your stay at The Poet Hotel La Spezia here.
And follow me on Instagram for daily updates @amy_marietta
PIN FOR LATER