Sponsored by TurboTax
It’s that time of year again that everyone dreads – tax season. BUT it does not have to be dreaded my friends – TurboTax is here to help us all simplify our lives.
This year I filed my taxes early because, you know, New Year’s resolutions and I’m trying to be more a more organized individual. I loathe the feeling of a major to do list – especially when it involves the IRS. And now that I’m done I have more time to explore my city, plan my future travels to SE Asia and start my own company that will be revealed in about a month;)
So my dad taught me how to use TurboTax a few years ago so I have been familiar with the service for a while now BUT did you know about all the extra features they have now?
It’s really a very simple process that you can do yourself because you are a strong, smart, and independent individual.
So let’s get started, shall we?
This year TurbTax brings innovation back to tax preparation. Combining technology advancements with sleek, intuitive design, TurboTax delivers worry-free tax filing, so you can be confident your taxes are done right and you’re getting your maximum tax refund. TurboTax is the smartest way to get your #TaxesDone.
TurboTax technology provides a smarter, more relevant tax filing experience, personalized to each individual. Read below for all top features.
1. W2 Snap: TurboTax offers customers the ability to jump start their taxes with a snap of a picture. You can snap a picture of your W-2 with your phone or tablet and the information is securely entered into the right forms without hard work and worry.
2. ExplainWhy: TurboTax ExplainWhy gives customers personalized, bite-sized explanations of the “why” behind their deductions, credits, and tax refund, so they can be confident they are getting every dollar they deserve. With TurboTax ExplainWhy, customers can quickly and easily understand what’s going on with their tax refund.
3. SmartLook: SmartLook is a new feature that connects customers with live TurboTax experts using one-way video technology. Through SmartLook, TurboTax experts answer questions in real time for free and highlight key fields and next steps so customers can complete their return with confidence. Customers can connect with TurboTax experts live via one-way video to get their questions answered in real time-completely free. One-way video technology allows customers to see the TurboTax expert, but the agent cannot see the customer. Customers who have a question can benefit from a second pair of eyes on their return so they never feel alone.
4. MyTaxRefund: Answer a few questions and instantly see your e-file status and tax refund timing. Anyone who e-filed can use MyTaxRefund – whether you used TurboTax to file or not. (Available for iOS/Android) New this year, taxpayers can track their refund from their Apple Watch.
5. TaxCaster: Quickly estimate your tax refund anytime, anywhere. Just enter some basic information and watch your tax refund add up. TaxCaster uses the same tax calculator found in TurboTax.
6. ItsDeductible App for iPhone: Tracks donations anytime, anywhere, year-round. ItsDeductible accurately values donated items and automatically imports donations into TurboTax The Program
- Online: For the first time on the web, customers can simply enter their mobile number and TurboTax will send them a secure link via text. Customers can then click on the link, snap a photo of their W-2, verify their data, and watch as the information is automatically transferred into the right online forms.
- Mobile App: Customers using the TurboTax mobile app can snap a photo within the app, verify their data, and watch as their information is automatically transferred into the right forms.
- TurboTax 2015 also securely imports W-2s and 1099 forms from more than 1.4 million banks, employers and financial institutions – eliminating the need for data entry.
- Start your taxes on your smart phone, tablet or computer, take a break and pick up right where you left off on any other device – without skipping a beat.
- With iOS enabled devices users can login to TurboTax leveraging Touch ID. Touch ID is a seamless way to use your fingerprint as a passcode. Both iOS and Android devices will allow to login via 4-digit PIN the second time they login to the app.
- In addition to the TurboTax mobile app, TurboTax offers a suite of free mobile tools, to help taxpayers estimate their taxes, track charitable donations, or track their tax refund on-the-go.
So my friends, there you have it. Get your #taxesdone and go explore your city and do the things you love.
With love from New York<3