Robot Restaurant Tokyo, Japan: 5 Things You Need To Know
If there’s only one thing you do in Tokyo at night, it should 100% be the iconic Robot Restaurant Tokyo. This was hands down the most insane and entertaining dinner I’ve ever experienced. The entire journey felt like we were transported to a futuristic universe where all of your senses are sparkling neon. It doesn’t all quite make sense, but it’s captivatingly colorful, fun, entertaining, and unforgettable.
Here are 5 things you should know before going to the Robot Restaurant Tokyo:
1. The Robot Restaurant is located in Shinjuku’s Kabukicho District aka the red light district. 🚨 There’s lots of shops, restaurants, clubs, bars, love hotels and other kinky things if that’s what you’re into. Definitely an area worth exploring because there’s something for everyone. I suggest going to the area about 1-2 hours before you check in because there’s so much to see.
2. Anthony Bourdain called the Robot Restaurant the “greatest show on earth!” So if you don’t take my word for it, take it from the ultimate travel icon himself. 💔
3. Eat before going! The Robot Restaurant is really more of a show than a restaurant. The food is a hard pass, but they do have sake and other beverages. Kanpai! 🍻
4. The whole experience takes about 2 hours. First they take you to the glitzy lounge for drinks, appetizers, and a few performances. Then they take you to the main show area.
The Robot Restaurant is like one big, beautiful acid trip for your eyes.
5. You have to book ahead of time online. The best site to book tickets is on Voyagin.com. It fills up really fast so make sure to book at least 2 weeks in advance. 🤖
If your debating whether or not you should go because you think it might be too “touristy”, GO. I don’t usually like typical touristy things, but this is an exception. It’s a really cool way to get a feel for the Japanese culture and to learn something new. From the crystal chandeliers to the endless neon lights to the super cool robots, it’s all worth experiencing at least once.
Follow me on Instagram for daily updates @amy_marietta
If you loved this post, then you might also love:
PIN FOR LATER