Establishing your Instagram aesthetic is no doubt a challenge, but very important if you are trying to grow your account and create a business out of your Instagram. When one first clicks on a new profile, what they immediately see is an overall feed – so if this is visually appealing and interesting, people are more likely to follow. As a brand, it is crucial to show who you are and what your brand’s “vibe” is.
The Background Feature
We used our own designs as the background the give the page a cohesive look and to also showcase our prints without being too “salesy.” Subtle branding sometimes works best.
But P.S. you can shop our silk scarves here;)
Layering photos is great for double exposure posts which are a cool, artsy aesthetic.
Stickers + Text
LOOK AT THE STATS
According to a study by Curalate (links to a really cool infographic) of over 8 million Instagram photos, here is what works on Instagram:
- High lightness generates 24% more likes than dark images.
- A high amount of background space generates 29% more likes than those with minimal space.
- Images featuring blue as the dominant color generate 24% more likes than images that are predominantly red.
- A single dominant color generates 17% more likes than images with multiple dominant colors.
- Images with low saturation generate 18% more likes than those with more vibrant colors.
- Images with high level of texture generate 79% more likes than those without.
If you don’t love the aesthetic you choose, it will be hard for you to keep it up. So if you’re attracted to bright photos, then stick with that, regardless of what the statistics say.
Hope this was helpful and don’t be afraid to share:)